Going Off Gluten

Please share!

There are a lot of misconceptions when it comes to gluten and being gluten free. Although I do not have celiac disease, I found myself switching to gluten free foods because I noticed how much better I felt when I was gluten free. I want to share one of my family’s favourite gluten free recipes and explain why it’s not a bad thing to go off gluten.

SLOWLY BUT SURELY

The great thing is, I never had to restrict myself in order to remove gluten from my diet. It just happened on its own by adding in more plant based foods into my meals. At home I am gluten free, but when dining out, I occasionally allow myself to eat something that contains gluten, but more times than not, I LOVE, CARE and RESPECT myself too much to do it.  Today I enjoy a diet that is mainly void of glutinous grains and believe this has made a very large impact on my energy levels. Yes, I do give myself the freedom to eat gluten if I choose because I follow my 80/20 Rule of eating. 80% of my diet comes from plant based foods. The other 20% I have freedom to eat what I want when I want.

WHY I AVOID GLUTEN

As you know, I am not a fan of telling anyone what they should or should not do, but gluten is high on my list of ingredients you should avoid. Gluten is a protein that is very hard on your digestions and leads to inflammation and digestive disorders. When you have any digestive disorders such as constipation, bloating, heartburn or upset stomach you can be sure that your immune system is being compromised. Barley, oats, rye and wheat are the most common glutenous grains on the menu. Reducing the amount of these grains in your diet will greatly improve your immune function and allow you to enjoy more energy throughout your day.

The recipe I want to share is my Gluten Free Banana Bread! It is a super delicious example of gluten free alternatives that the entire family will enjoy. OH YEAH! 

Please share!
About Adam Hart

Adam Hart is the bestselling author of The Power of Food. When not on stage speaking, Adam can be found helping one of his many corporate clients in awakening an abundance of energy through his highly engaging stress management solutions.Contact Adam to book a demo for an enhanced corporate wellness experience.

Speak Your Mind

*