How would you like a delicious gluten free cookie that also acts like a meal replacement and is loaded with protein? Ya, I thought so!
As usual, I am stoked to support your efforts to increase the amount of plant based foods you consume without giving up on taste. Life is too short to not eat cookies and I myself plan to eat them until the end of time.
Yes I still enjoy the occasional gluten filled Starbucks chocolate chip cooke, but more often than not, I go for something I prepared myself at home, such as these awesome gluten free coconut quinoa cookie.
WHAT, a cookie made with quinoa? YES, that’s right. Give them a try. Just be ready for some super powered energy that is just bites away. Sounds good? NO, sounds AMAZING!
Now print this recipe and get on it. Got it? Great!
- WET INGREDIENTS
- ½ cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup hemp milk (1 cup of water, ¼ cup hemp seeds blended together)
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- DRY INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 2 cups quinoa flakes
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat your oven at 350F
- Place all your wet ingredients into a bowl and mix together
- Place all your dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix together
- Now place all your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and mix together.
- Now place a small ball size of your batter on a piece of parchment paper on a baking tray and press it into a cookie shape.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes in your preheated oven. Let cool for a few minutes and serve.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight glass container for up to 3 days or freeze any extras for a quick on the go snack.
- Replace the raisins for chocolate chips if you like. You can also replace the quinoa flakes for gluten free oat flakes.