I have been spending a lot of time over the past few months aligning myself with a STAND worth living. At the core of my STAND is to look after my family, Suzie, Jacob and Juliette, first. After that… I STAND for everyone having access to food and supplements that improve brain power and are free of cognitive sabotaging chemicals and unhealthy sugars.
I am IN-ACTION each moment to move towards this being reality. With higher cognitive awareness, the choice becomes cleaner and clearer as to how we all can live IN-LOVE with one another and with Mother Earth. I STAND for everyone knowing they have a choice. Accessing a fresh FEELING unlike any FEELING you have experienced before, gives you a glimpse into what is possible. I know this because each day I access a livelier FEELING then the day before. HOW? By continuously being IN-ACTION for my STAND. First, I need to take care of myself. That means, maintain a level of health that allows me to run the daily marathon of performing as a father, husband and entrepreneur. Secondly, I need to sustain my emotional resilience by continuing to hack into my own biology. With a history of anxiety (created by my addiction to outcome) I spend a lot of time hacking into the ability to quiet my once troublesome, story creating mind, always wanting to dive head first into FIGHT or FLIGHT. Yes, sometimes FIGHT or FLIGHT is a great thing, such as when you see a bear walking the trail you’re about to ride your mountain bike on, but it is not necessary 99% of the other times it loves to run throughout the day. Calming my nervous system using HRV (Heart Rate Variability) has been a huge benefit for avoiding my FIGH or FLIGHT response. The other has been upping my intake of high quality FAT and reducing my intake of CARBOHYDRATES. For far too long, carbohydrates dominated my diet and left my brain in a fog and my body weak and tired.
Running on KETONES instead of GLUCOSE has been a huge GAME CHANGER along with the HRV (Heart Rate Variability) training.
I could go on and on and on here, but my point is…having a STAND worthy of your problems is critical to connecting to the energetic force within each action your take. Life is too fast and precious to let it get sabotaged by an addiction to outcome fuelled by anxiousness for what you don’t have and addicted to simple carbohydrates to help get you through the day.
I STAND for you and am happy you are here with me. Let’s do this together.
Now here’s my recipe for my kick ass “Collagen Halva Bars”
This is a new recipe I created to help me run on ketones (using fat as fuel instead of glucose) while upping my protein content. Yes, most of my diet is still plant based, but I am a huge fan of everything grass fed right now. My body and mind have been loving the grass fed beef and bison as well as the grass fed butter in my coffee (Thanks Dave Asprey for that one). I made the Collagen Halva Bars into 1 inch by 3 inch bars because I am using them for when I get out on longer hikes, rides or climbs to sustain my energy levels, boost my speed and help keep inflammation down. My kids also loved them (probably because they are chocolate flavoured 🙂
Let me know how you enjoy them and where you use them. Remember, this is a performance based recipe. Tell me where you used it and what you noticed…please and thank you! I made them for you 🙂
- 3 tablespoons grass fed collagen (I use Bulletproof collagen)
- 2 cups hemp seeds
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup tahini
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup slightly roasted almonds
- 1 cup coconut manna (this is coconut butter and can be found at health food grocery stores. I use Nutiva brand)
- ½ cacao powder
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until a big ball is formed )30-60 seconds). If you want your bars a bit chunky (which I do) blend everything, but the almonds and then add them in after. Pulse the almonds with the halva in the food processor to chop therm and mix them into the bars (5-10 seconds).
- Place the halva into parchment paper and use a rolling pin to press the halva down to the thickness you want. I usually go 1 inch thick. Place the halva into the fridge to harden for 1 hour. Once cooled, cut into individual size servings or bar size for consuming over a longer period of time.
- You don't need much to get fuelled so play around with the amount you eat. Remember, food is medicine. Treat it a such and it will talk to you in ways you have always hoped. Energy, energy, energy, but only in the right amounts for you and your unique body.